- Masters, provide your servants with what is right and fair
- Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful
- pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains
- Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should
- Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders
- make the most of every opportunity
- Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
- See to it that you complete the ministry you have received in the Lord
But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. -John 20:31
I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power. Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ, and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things. His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord.